During the COVID-19 crisis it occurred to me that we, as hunters and fishermen, are already experts at social distancing.
Here in Wisconsin we have a “Safer at Home” order. Very different than a “Stay at Home” or “lockdown” order. We are still allowed to participate in outdoor activities as long as we follow regulations.
One could certainly argue that we are more “at Home” in the woods or on the water.
While I’m sure there are lots more, here are 10 reasons why hunters and fishermen are already pro’s at “Social Distancing”.
- We love to sit in the woods without a human within 6 feet of us.
- We love to drive to backwood reaches of lonely forests.
- We prefer dogs as our scouting companions when looking for new bird ground to hunt.
- We have no problem minimizing contact with people.
- We’d rather go sit in the woods than attend a social gathering.
- Self isolation? I mean how many hundreds of hours have YOU logged alone in the field?
- We feel more zen than anxious when it comes to social distancing, because it is our normal.
- We know the best places to social distance while exercising the dog.
- It gives us an extra excuse to go turkey scouting.
- It gives us an extra excuse to go fishing.
Comment below with your favorite ways to “Social Distance”!
perfect!!! totally agree!