“HuntFishTravel 148 – Sturgeon Spearing through the Ice in Wisconsin”
(Psst! Support the show by sharing this episode to facebook/twitter – thank you!!)
In this episode Carrie is joined by Lee Schneider of Boot-Trac Adventures. They chat about sturgeon spearing scouting, cutting in, how to navigate the roads on the lake and they share their two biggest tips for first time spearers.
IPhone Users click here to subscribe.
Android users click here to subscribe.
- 01:04 World Dragon Shooting Day and the Cynical Saints
- 03:15 I’ll be hunting turkeys in IL w/Sharkey Outfitters
- 04:00 Introduction to Boot-Trac Adventures
- 05:00 Introduction to Sturgeon Spearing
- 08:30 How weather has affected the 2016 sturgeon harvest.
- 11:00 The largest sturgeon taken as of the time of this recording.
- 11:30 Scouting for sturgeon spearing season.
- 12:30 The three top things sturgeon eat during the winter.
- 14:00 Navigating the roads plowed/maintained by the fisheries on the lake.
- 17:30 The day before the season starts and cutting in.
- 20:00 Dark houses and interesting shanties.
- 23:00 Lee’s top tip for a first time spearers.
- 23:30 Carrie’s top tip for a first time spearers.
- 25:00 Where you can watch the Boot-Trac Adventures tv show.
Carrie Z – Great informative episode about sturgeon spearing 101 tips on Lake Winnebago. Always great to hear from other local experts like your guest Lee Schneider of Boot-Trac Adventures. Thanks for helping promote Fond du Lac and the Lake Winnebago region’s annual hunt for the prehistoric fish! Appreciate all you do!