“#HuntFishTravel 131 – Hunting Desert Quail in New Mexico W/Ultimate Upland”
This week we’re joined by Brian Koch of Ultimate Upland, he’s going to give us the low down on his trip to New Mexico in search of the wily Desert Quail.
- 1:00 Periscope
- 5:00 23 hour drive to New Mexico
- 7:00 New Mexico terrain and LOTS of snakes
- 8:25 Crazy temperature swings
- 9:30 Dogs and snakes and the insane cost of anti-venom treatments
- 11:00 Everything in New Mexico wants to kill you
- 13:30 The four species of Quail found in New Mexico and the difference in dog hunting techniques.
- 16:00 Quail Slams
- 14:55 Why Brian chose New Mexico to hunt
- 19:00 Lodging options
- 20:00 Cost of non-resident tags
- 21:00 How the dogs handled the Desert Quail escape tactics
- 23:30 The #1 favorite thing about hunting New Mexico.
- 25:00 Photos from the trip
Listen to my voice!