“#HuntFishTravel 121 – Interview with Patrick Flanigan, Turkey Hunting and Hilariously Random Subjects”
One of the most random episodes I’ve ever recorded, Patrick Flanigan stops by to chat about what’s going on with the Xtreme Team, the Spray & Pray Tour and what the future holds for him.
And then we reminisce about turkey hunting, plan my 40th birthday in Hawaii and head down about a dozen random rabbit holes.
It’s pretty amusing…
- 05:30 What kind of hunting Patrick enjoys
- 08:11 The biggest difference hunting Oshkosh, WI vs Black Hills, SD
- 11:10 How he got involved in extreme shooting in the first place.
- 12:50 9 Time World Record – what they all are.
- 15:00 Guinness World Record for Drumming
- 17:45 Our musical tastes
- 18:35 Deer Hunting season wrap up
- 21:00 Mule deer hunting in SD and scheduling woes
- 23:00 SD Trespassers and how he deals with them
- 23:45 Spray & Pray Tour (Patrick’s mentored show)
- 27:45 Hawaiian epicness for Carrie’s 40th birthday
- 29:15 Patrick’s top 3 tips for new shooters
- 30:15 A little motivation for the listeners
- 32:55 Did you know Patrick has three daughters? A blond, a red head and a brunette!
- 34:55 Blooper – Patrick’s most embarrassing (but funny) blooper.
- 39:05 Patrick’s most favorite memory of being in the business.
- 44:25 Dealing with haters and womanizing in the industry
- 50:05 A saturated market – how to stand out
- 56:30 Motivational speaking gigs
- 57:18 What’s up for 2016
- 1:00:25 Live in the moment and the obligatory Machine Head reference
- 1:02:00 Can there be a National Turn Your Phone Off Day???
- 1:02:45 New Year’s Resolutions, and why making sure your social media facts are correct.
- 1:06:00 Back to talking about Deadwood and the South Dakota turkey hunt.
- 1:03:45 Mike Magrew shout-out
- 1:07:00 His website and how to get a hold of Patrick if you have any questions.