“HuntFishTravel Ep 170 – Big Buck Hunting Tactics with Tom Indrebo of Bluff Country Outfitters”
(Psst! Support the show by sharing this episode to facebook/twitter – thank you!!)
Soak up the fantastic info Tom Indrebo delivers in this episode. We cover all sorts of tactics for hunting big bucks, pre-rut, rut and post-rut.
IPhone Users click here to subscribe.
Android users click here to subscribe.
- 4:15 How a buck’s personality and habits change from a 1 & 2 year old compared to a 3 & 4 year old
- 10:15 Safety spots/bedrooms and where the big bucks are during the early season.
- 13:00 If you’re seeing a bunch of shooter bucks – how to tell if it’s the biggest in the area.
- 14:30 breeding cycles and when the big bucks are most vulnerable.
- 15:30 What part of the rut is better for hunting the big bucks.
- 16:00 What time of year to shoot does.
- 17:30 Hunting Hub Scrapes & food sources
- 20:15 Tips for stand placement. And which stand to hunt depending on what time of the year it is.
- 24:00 The truth about hunting the same stand too much.
- 26:30 Can you have too many stands on a property?
- 30:00 deer decoys
- 31:30 Biggest challenge Tom has faced dealing with clients as an outfitter.
- 38:00 Everything’s wet – where to hunt?
- 39:30 The two top keys for hunting the late season.
- 44:30 Contributing factors to why Buffalo and Trempealeau Counties produce so many P&Y and B&C trophy bucks.
- 46:45 Hunters from Slovania!
- 47:00 A typical day at Bluff Country Outfitters
- 49:30 Turkey and Other Hunts Offered
- 51:00 Contact info
Thanks Carrie for the great conversation on your podcast. Even though I live in a very different region (Low Country of South Carolina), there are many common issues we share relating to deer behavior and hunting strategies. I always learn something new. Thanks! Maggie
GREAT Podcast this week with Bluff Bucks Outfitters. So much great and useful info for all hunters. Keep up great work.
I’ve been thinking about using a decoy for the first time. We don’t have many big bucks and can’t harvest does here. This has been helpful, definitely going to give it a try.
Comments are closed.