“HuntFishTravel 148 – Sturgeon Spearing through the Ice in Wisconsin”
(Psst! Support the show by sharing this episode to facebook/twitter – thank you!!)
In this episode Carrie is joined by Lee Schneider of Boot-Trac Adventures. They chat about sturgeon spearing scouting, cutting in, how to navigate the roads on the lake and they share their two biggest tips for first time spearers.
- 01:04 World Dragon Shooting Day and the Cynical Saints
- 03:15 I’ll be hunting turkeys in IL w/Sharkey Outfitters
- 04:00 Introduction to Boot-Trac Adventures
- 05:00 Introduction to Sturgeon Spearing
- 08:30 How weather has affected the 2016 sturgeon harvest.
- 11:00 The largest sturgeon taken as of the time of this recording.
- 11:30 Scouting for sturgeon spearing season.
- 12:30 The three top things sturgeon eat during the winter.
- 14:00 Navigating the roads plowed/maintained by the fisheries on the lake.
- 17:30 The day before the season starts and cutting in.
- 20:00 Dark houses and interesting shanties.
- 23:00 Lee’s top tip for a first time spearers.
- 23:30 Carrie’s top tip for a first time spearers.
- 25:00 Where you can watch the Boot-Trac Adventures tv show.